Friday, November 21, 2008

A crown of beauty

Isn't she beautiful? A woman at rest who has come to know the heart of God- what is really means to be forgiven much, and so she loves much. This is a woman who works for an Nightlight here in Bangkok. She and all the other ladies who work for Nightlight got to go on a retreat to the beach in which they encountered the heart of God in a way that led to what sounded like an amazing time of worship. My friend Annie who runs Nightlight told me about it- it sounded like one of the more beautiful times of enjoying the heart of God that I've ever heard of. This woman and many like her used to have a job that robbed her of her humanity, but that life isn't what defines her anymore. She is the Beloved- a beautiful woman, adopted into the family of God- a princess. Even on the days when I don't feel super thankful for what I get to be a part of here, I know that there IS much to be thankful for. I get to be a part of God's plan for people. That is awesome. I pray that many more would come to know the beauty and lightness of heart of the lady in this picture:



Come and move, Lord Jesus. Set the captives free. Invite them to know and love you. In your name I pray, Jesus. Amen.


3 comments:

Leif and Jami Gustafson said...

Yes, so beautiful.

The Sweitzer Family said...

Kim, this picture is gorgeous. What beauty. I am praying for you, sister. God is using you in amazing ways, both ministering there and ministering to people like me through your words and your photos. Thank you for your sacrifices and your heart overflowing with God's love.

Unknown said...

Great Post. Thanks for sharing it. So moving....

m